The Evergreen Indiana member libraries have developed shared policies and procedures to guide the operations relating to cataloging, circulation, patron records, confidentiality, hardware and software, and staff usage. These policies adhere to Indiana State Law and are representative of service standards throughout the consortium. Policies and procedures are regularly reviewed, updated, and reapproved by the governing bodies. Assistance with interpreting the policies and procedures may be sought either via one of the support mailing lists or the Evergreen Indiana Coordinator (please visit the Communications page for contact information). Member libraries are responsible for familiarizing themselves thoroughly with all policies and procedures and reviewing them regularly for announced updates.
- Evergreen Indiana Employee Account Policy [Updated October 2013]
- Evergreen Indiana Patron Record Confidentiality Policy [Updated March 2009]
- Evergreen Indiana Software Upgrade Policy [Updated November 2008]
- Out-of-Standards Member Policy [Approved August 2016]
- Staff Permissions Guide [Updated January 2017]
Cataloging policies and procedures are developed by the Cataloging Committee. All policy revisions and implementations are reviewed and approved by the Executive Committee.
- Evergreen Indiana Cataloging Policy [Updated December 2014]
- Procedures Guide Table of Contents
- Procedures Guide: Chapter 1 — Introduction [Updated September 2016]
- Procedures Guide: Chapter 2 — Copy Cataloging [Updated September 2016]
- Procedures Guide: Chapter 3 — Creating & Editing MARC records [Updated September 2016]
Circulation policies and procedures are developed by the Patron Services Committee. All policy revisions and implementations are reviewed and approved by the Executive Committee.
- Evergreen Indiana Circulation Policy [Updated October 2016]
- Evergreen Indiana Circulation Matrix [Updated August 2017]
- Evergreen Indiana Patron Matrix [Updated March 2016]
- Evergreen Indiana Circulation Procedures [Updated September 2017]
- Evergreen Indiana Pest Procedures [Released October 2017]
eIndiana Digital Consortium (OverDrive)
eIndiana policies are developed and approved by the eIndiana Advisory Committee.
- eIDC Policies and Procedures [Updated October 2015]
Pilots and In-Development Programs
- Juvenile Fine Free Policy
- Transiting Videodisc Policy and Procedures [Updated March 2017]
- Evergreen Indiana Videodisc Transit Box Instructions