The Evergreen Indiana member libraries have developed shared policies and procedures to guide the operations relating to cataloging, circulation, patron records, confidentiality, hardware and software, and staff usage. These policies adhere to Indiana State Law and are representative of service standards throughout the consortium. Policies and procedures are regularly reviewed, updated, and reapproved by the governing bodies. Assistance with interpreting the policies and procedures may be sought either via one of the support mailing lists or the Evergreen Indiana Coordinator (please visit the Communications page for contact information). Member libraries are responsible for familiarizing themselves thoroughly with all policies and procedures and reviewing them regularly for announced updates.
- Evergreen Indiana Employee Account Policy [Updated October 2013]
- Evergreen Indiana Patron Record Confidentiality Policy [Updated March 2009]
- Evergreen Indiana Software Upgrade Policy [Updated November 2008]
- Out-of-Standards Member Policy [Approved August 2016]
- Staff Profile Matrix [Updated December 2018]
- Staff Profile Permissions Guide [Updated April 2018]
Cataloging policies and procedures are developed by the Cataloging Committee. All policy revisions and implementations are reviewed and approved by the Executive Committee.
- Evergreen Indiana Cataloging Policy [Updated December 2014]
- Procedures Guide Table of Contents
- Procedures Guide: Chapter 1 — Introduction [Updated March 2019]
- Procedures Guide: Chapter 2 — Copy Cataloging [Updated March 2018]
- Procedures Guide: Chapter 3 — Creating & Editing MARC records [Updated September 2016]
Circulation policies and procedures are developed by the Patron Services Committee. All policy revisions and implementations are reviewed and approved by the Executive Committee.
- Evergreen Indiana Circulation Policy [Updated October 2018]
- Evergreen Indiana Circulation Matrix [Updated February 2019]
- Evergreen Indiana Patron Matrix [Updated October 2018]
- Evergreen Indiana Circulation Procedures [Updated October 2018]
- Evergreen Indiana Pest Procedures [Released October 2017]
eIndiana Digital Consortium (OverDrive)
eIndiana policies are developed and approved by the eIndiana Advisory Committee.
- eIDC Policies and Procedures [Updated October 2017]
Pilots and In-Development Programs