Weekly Update: June 21, 2010
Annual Meeting News
Evergreen Indiana is seeking input from members for the 2011 Annual Meeting. Please contact Kristi Harms or Wendy Knapp if you’re interested in serving on the planning committee for next year.
The Public Schools Consortium in now under the umbrella of the Evergreen Indiana Public Library Consortium. This change was made so that the following unintended consequences of adding a consortium are corrected:
- Patrons can once again easily find their library when they click the “Choose a Library to Search” button on the OPAC. Note that you may to refresh the browser window to see this change.
- Catalogers no longer have to wait for all the consortium members’ holdings to load in the holdings maintenance screen. They will once again see the holding for their local library system.
- Reciprocal Borrowers’ holds will only be filled by the home library again. Please note that Reciprocal Borrowers have inadvertently had holds filled by other member libraries. There are two options
- Circulation staff can override the transaction to allow the patron to check out the material
- Check the item before checking it in and if it is for an RB patron abort the transit and sent back to home library
Evergreen Indiana added one new public library members this week. Welcome to Winchester Community Public Library (Randolph County)!
Evergreen Indiana membership now stands at 85, including the State Library and when migrated/automated, the 84 public libraries will serve over 823,000 Indiana residents in 50 counties!
Committee Meeting News
- Catalog Committee Meeting, June 21, 10:00 am, Hussey Mayfield Memorial Public Library
Remember that you can sign up for a refresher as space allows. LEUs are only available for the first time through the course.
- Admin/Reports Training, July 13, 9:00 am, Indiana State Library
- Introduction to Cataloging Training, July 22, 9:00 am, Indiana State Library
- Circulation Training, July 22, 1:00 pm, Indiana State Library