The eContent Committee met on August 8, 2017 at the State Library. The committee approved a transition to allowing Advantage accounts for the eIDC group using the Advantage Plus program. The policy is being updated with the shared terms of the Advantage Plus configuration and will undergo review as an electronic ballot by the committee. Additional details of the policy, what the program will do, and implementation will be release to the community shortly!
The Executive Committee met on August 8, 2017 at the State Library. The meeting was recorded and may be viewed on Youtube. There were several significant decisions made:
- The proposed revision to the “equipment” circulation modifier was approved. The community will be notified once the new circ mod is available.
- The auto-deletion of materials in problematic statuses after 5 years without resolution was approved with implementation on November 15, 2017. Additional information, including report recommendations so you can prepare your collection, will be released to the Support and Cataloging Listservs.
- The committee voted to retain Montie Manning as a Class C-At large representative for the remainder of his term.
- The committee selected their support regions for the 2017/18 term. This information can be found on the Communications page under Leadership Contact Lists: List / Interactive Map
- The committee approved a protocol for disciplinary action for libraries which do not pay their EIPP invoices in a timely fashion. A separate notice of this protocol as well as a direct contact by your regional support person will follow to all member libraries.
Additional discussion without action was held for improving search result sort order, developing a new reports interface, and online registration. These issues will be revisited for action.
Both committees will meet again on October 10. 2017.
2017 Tour Update
In case you’re interested in tracking our progress, there is an interactive map (with links to the full sized profile cards) now available: 2017 Tour. We’re going to be on the road a lot in the next few weeks with visits, so thank you for your patience if it takes a bit longer to get back to you than usual.
Ethics Audit Update
Thanks to everyone who’s gotten their ethics audit paperwork in! It’s being processed now and any libraries that have not submitted should hear from Anna this week with a reminder!
Upcoming Evergreen Indiana Events
August 22, 2017
Cataloging Party, 9am-5pm, Swayzee Public Library, Swayzee, IN
September 15, 2017
Cataloging Party, 9am-5pm, Knightstown Public Library, Knightstown, IN
September 18, 2017
Cataloging Party, 9am-5pm, Spiceland Public Library, Spiceland, IN
Upcoming Evergreen Indiana Training Opportunities
August 24, 2017
Advanced Cataloging, Part I, 9am-Noon, Webinar. You must register for and attend both parts of the webinar to be eligible for your Cat1 and receive your 6 TLEUs.
August 25, 2017
Advanced Cataloging, Part II, 9am-Noon, Webinar. You must register for and attend both parts of the webinar to be eligible for your Cat1 and receive your 6 TLEUs.
September 27, 2017
Basic Circulation, 9am-12pm, Indiana State Library, Room 428 (3 TLEU)
Holds, 1pm-3pm, Indiana State Library, Room 428 (2 TLEU)
September 28, 2017
Local Administration and Basic Reporting, 9am-12pm, Indiana State Library, Room 428 (3 TLEU)
Basic Cataloging, 1pm-3pm, Indiana State Library, Room 428 (2 TLEU)