Weekly Update — January 6, 2017
Note: There will not be a newsletter next week.
2016 Annual Stats
We’ve had another very busy year in Evergreen Indiana! Local reports were sent to directors yesterday for inclusion in the annual report. Here’s a peek at the totals for the consortium!
- Active Evergreen Indiana Member Libraries: 111
- 2016 New Active Member Libraries: 4
- 2016 Resident Taxpayer Base: 1,075,269
- Counties with an EI Library: 62
- Items Owned: 7,068,536
- Unique Titles: 2,504,926
- 2016 EI Circulations and In-house Uses: 8,417,630
- 2016 Juvenile EI Circulations: 3,439,395
- 2016 Total Transits: 664,769
- 2016 Remote Circulations: 401,296
- 2016 Visiting Circulations: 516,476
- 2016 Trainings Held: 27
- 2016 Asynchronous Courses Available: 2
- 2016 Regional Roundtables: 5
- 2016 Conferences: 1
- 2016 Committee Meetings: 19
- 2016 International Meetings Hosted: 1
eIDC Annual Stats
- Member Libraries: 91
- Unique Titles: 32,768
- Unique Borrowers in 2016: 19,349
- 2016 Total Circulations: 514,159
- 2016 Juvenile Circulations: 85,407
- 2016 Student Circulations: 2,602
The infographics are in the process of being updated on our Statistics page as well if you wish to look at the historical trends.
Upgrade 2.11 complete
The upgrade was completed on schedule the evening of January 1, 2017. Reporting was on hold until the 2nd. We have noted a couple of bugs which are affecting bibliographic record merging, transferring holds, and barcode replacement. As patches and fixes are put in place, we will update via listserv. Thanks for your patience!
The Indiana State Library will be closed January 14-16, 2017. During that time EI support staff will only be available in case of emergency. INfoExpress service will also be suspended on those dates.
It’s that time of year! Are you interested in shaping consortium policy? Do you want to grow your presence in the professional community? Want to make sure your patrons are getting the best service possible? Do you know someone that would amazing at doing that? We are now accepting nominations for committee members. Any active Evergreen Indiana library staff member is eligible to be nominated!
Elected committee members are generally expected to serve 3 year terms (except for the Cataloging Committee which is at-will terms). Committee service entails attendance, either in person or via web conference, at 4-6 meetings annually, plus participating in the conference and roundtables to address community interests and needs through the development of policies, procedures, and trainings.
We have openings on all four committees. Nominations will close on February 3, 2017. Nominees will be confirmed and announced shortly thereafter.
Registration is now open for the 2017 Evergreen International Annual Conference, and the conference committee is soliciting presentation proposals through January 13, 2017. Scholarships are available for interested EI staff; scholarship applications are due by February 6, 2017.