2016 Regional Roundtables
The 2016 Regional Roundtable series kicked off last week in Culver! 16 representatives from 7 libraries met to discuss upcoming projects, recent implementations, compared experiences, and put in requests for development and training. Thanks so much to Culver-Union Township for hosting!
We’re off to Angola this week for the Northeast gathering! Registration is still open for all other sites. We’re looking forward to seeing you all at this year’s Regional Roundtables!
- Southeast: October 20, 2016, 10am-Noon, EDT; Jackson County Public Library, Seymour, IN
- Central: October 21, 2016, 10am-Noon, EDT; Mooresville Public Library, Mooresville, IN
- Southwest: October 28, 2016, 10am-Noon, CDT; Spencer County Public Library, Rockport, IN
Registration is now open (click on the links above); space is limited. We look forward to seeing all of you there!
On September 22, 2016, staff from 5 Evergreen Indiana libraries gathered at the Walkerton-Lincoln Township Public Library to kick off that library’s recataloging project. It was a very productive day, with approximately half of the juvenile fiction collection being completed! (That’s right! We STARTED with the picture books!) Special thanks go out to Andrews-Dallas Township Public Library, Garrett Public Library, the Indiana State Library, and Noble County Public Library for sending staff to participate!
Additional sessions are upcoming for anyone who wanted to join us but was already booked on the 22nd!
- The eContent Committee will meet at 10am on October 11, 2016 at the Indiana State Library.
- The Executive Committee will meet at 1pm on October 11, 2016 at the Indiana State Library.
- Pike County Public Library welcomes new director Stephanie Rawlins.
- Union City Public Library welcomes new director Paige Yoder.
- Van Buren Public Library welcomes new director Shiloh McMullen.
The post-migration deduplication has been completed. Over 80K records were affected. Catalogers are reminded that the roll-back term will close on October 23, 2016 for any noted mismerges.
The next Evergreen software upgrade has been scheduled for December 31, 2016-January 1, 2017. All library access to the database will be suspended during that window.
Upcoming Evergreen Indiana Training Opportunities
Fall 2016 Cataloging Roundtable, 10am-Noon, Webinar [1 TLEU].
Basic Circulation, 9am-12pm, Indiana State Library, Room 428 (3 TLEU)
Holds, 1pm-3pm, Indiana State Library, Room 428 (2 TLEU)
Basic Cataloging, 9am-12pm, Indiana State Library, Room 428 (3 TLEU)
Local Administration, 1pm-3pm, Indiana State Library, Room 428 (2 TLEU)