Weekly Update – January 8, 2013
Annual report data
Just a reminder, as was previously stated in the Weekly Update blog entry – December 27, 2012, the Evergreen Indiana Coordinator will be providing libraries with data to answer some of the annual report questions regarding patron counts, circulation and holdings. The instructions and data will be emailed to directors by Friday, January 11. The EI Coordinator will send an email to the listserv after all data has been emailed to directors. If you haven’t received your data at that time, please contact the EI Coordinator ASAP.
Evergreen Indiana Regional Training Policy
Three Evergreen Indiana classes will be hitting the road in 2013! Basic circulation, basic cataloging and admin/reports classes will be offered quarterly throughout the year in each region and will be taught by ISL Regional Coordinators. Classes are currently being scheduled so check the WebJunction Calendar to find what is being offered in your region! Below is the Evergreen Indiana Regional Training Policy which was approved by the Evergreen Indiana Executive Committee on December 14, 2012.
1. In order to be considered for a host site, a library must meet the following qualifications:
• Minimum of 10 computers in a dedicated lab or meeting room space.
• Internet access and current Evergreen Indiana Staff client software on each machine.
• Projector and instructor computer with internet access and current Evergreen Indiana Staff client software.
• Wall space or screen to project for instructor.
• Lab or meeting space must be able to be reserved for up to six (6) hours and six (6) months in advance.
2. Trainings will be free and open to all Evergreen Indiana consortium members.
3. Registration opens 60 days prior and closes five (5) business days to the event. All registrations will be handled through the State Library’s Calendars of Events.
4. Registration is required and is on a first come, first serve basis and space is not specifically reserved for the host library staff.
5. The trainer reserves the right to cancel due to low registration (minimum of four (4) registrations) up to five (5) business days prior to the event.
6. Trainings will be offered on a quarterly basis moving throughout four regions and qualified libraries. The workshops offered in a region will also be rotated to offer the best variety.
Evergreen Indiana Holds class
A new Evergreen Indiana class will be offered in 2013: Evergreen Indiana – Holds! This class will be an in-depth look at holds in Evergreen Indiana and will include the following topics: Introduction, Patron and Item Settings which affect the way holds are placed, Types of holds, Placing a hold in staff client and OPAC, Viewing, transferring, canceling and retargeting holds, Where are my items in transit?, Patron hold notification options, FAQs and scenarios. This class is worth 2 TLEUs and will be taught onsite at the Evergreen Indiana library that requests the class. The above regional training policy applies to this class. Contact your Regional Coordinator to schedule it today!
Order item barcodes and library cards this week!
Just a reminder that you may place item and patron barcode orders beginning Monday, January 7 until Friday, January 11.
The library will contact Creative DataProducts directly to place their order. Eventually, the vendor hopes to have an online ordering system but currently you will need to contact Cherrie Bishop at Creative DataProducts via email (email@example.com) or telephone (800-951-7234, ext. 1310) with the following information:
• Item or patron barcodes?
• Quantity (There is a minimum order of 500 for both item and patron barcodes).
• Beginning barcode number.
• Library name, contact email and telephone number.